Increased Lifespan From Beans
The intake of legumes—beans, chickpeas, split peas, and lentils—may be the single most important dietary predictor of a long lifespan, but what about concerns about intestinal gas?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
I’ve previously covered intestinal gas in one of my more amusing blog posts, Beans and Gas: Clearing the Air (http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/12/05/beans-and-gas-clearing-the-air/).
The paleo folks often rail against legumes and grains, but how do they account for the fact that epidemiological studies clearly show legumes and whole grains are among the healthiest choices?
More on bean benefits (beanifits?) in videos such as:
• Beans and the Second Meal Effect (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-and-the-second-meal-effect/)
• Eating Healthy on the Cheap (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eating-healthy-on-the-cheap/)
• Plant Protein Preferable (http://nutritionfacts.org/plant-protein-preferable)
What about soybeans and breast cancer? Stay tuned for my next video, BRCA Breast Cancer Genes and Soy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/brca-breast-cancer-genes-and-soy).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/increased-lifespan-from-beans/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/